Monday, October 11, 2010

Natural of the Week

Natural of the Week

Meet Mystic Fingers
Massage Therapist





How long have you been natural? First off Thank you for The interview. I have been Loc'd know for 11 years.

Did you have any support going natural? Yes People around me wanted me to do it Quickly, I wore Twists for awhile and decided to loc in 1999.

What made you want to loc? I was Pregnant at the time and wanted a a change all around Mentally, Spiritually, It was time and My hair wouldn't hold a press and curl and my twist were great. It was just Time.

What loc process did your loctician use? I Started my locks Myself i Used a comb and Product called Natures Blessings That i use Regularly and on Other people's hair. Loving a Product called LRC as well.




Maintenance of the locs...

How often do you get them retwisted? When I first started i would get them twisted every 2 weeks Now Every month I like the new growth to come so i can see how long they are getting.

How do you keep your scalp clean? I use sea breeze or a Fresh Rosemary and sage. I make it in a tea form and Use it like a Conditioning formula. Very refreshing!


What is the best thing about being loc'd?
I am free from all chemicals that get in to my scalp and the rest of my body, I can Play in the rain, and Be Me, All The time.

What advice do you have for an aspiring LOC STAR! If you decide To Loc Do It, Because you really want to Be You.Love you and Patience is the key.
Thank you Nyla.

2 comments: